It has been a while for me to review makeup products. So for today’s post and my next post, I am going to introduce you to two products that will up your eye game day by day!
As you can tell, part 1 of this eye makeup series is Rimmel London’s Volume Colourist Mascara (RRP $18.95). When I first came across the name, I was wondering if it is going to be one of those crazy colour mascaras. But the answer is no – it’s called ‘colourist’ because the mascara comes with a lash-tint complex with natural colourant that gradually darkens bare lashes to help them appear more visible after two to four weeks, i.e. the more often you use the mascara, the more noticeable and darker your bare lashes will become. The semi-permanent tint will fade away over two weeks if not reapplied.
It certainly sounds like a very interesting concept given lip tint and brow tint are such a big hit in Asian beauty trend right now.
The colour I have received to review is #001 Black and the mascara also comes in Extreme Black for those who are looking for the ultimate blacker than black experience.
As you can see from the picture, the mascara delivers instant fuller, longer, and jet-black lashes in just one swipe!
Mascaras have always been Rimmel’s strong suit, however, the brush head of this one makes it easier than ever to wrap every single lash with mascara fibre, leading to bolder and better looking lashes!
I haven’t used it long enough to tell if it really tints my bare lashes but I do find it to be very easy to apply and more lightweight than other Rimmel’s mascaras I have tried. You get full yet natural looking lashes in just one layer which I totally love!
Before I go today, I would like to share with you that my recent post on Raffles International Showcase at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia has been featured on IFB’s June 9th Links a la Mode. I felt terribly sorry for not sharing the links of other amazing blog posts by my fellow bloggers earlier as I was completely off track with my blog last week due to a flu I caught! But here we go:
Links à la Mode, June 9
- Elle Is For She: DIY Chic | Liv’s Tie Dye Jeggins
- Female Jungle: How to Wear Lace Tops | Styles under $100
- Fleur d’Elise: Look of the Day | Black Mockneck & Blue Linen Joggers
- Get Styled: #Guccigram | An Instagram Art Initiative
- Grazielle Camilleri: Denim Shorts and Colourful Tee
- Home to Hem: How to Ignore Fashion Rules and Find Your Personal Style
- InCorporate Mode: Guide to Shopping in Paris
- Les Assorties’: Bucolik | Exposing Design Talent Globally
- Minnie Rose: #DOFB
- Original Sam Smith: This Dress is “Mint” For Summer
- Outfit Zest: Strawberry Season
- Prime Butterfly: 7 Ways to Give Your Instagram a Facelift
- Purushu Arie: Gucci’s New Direction is Bad News for Fast Fashion
- Tales of Two: Minimising the Minimalist Trend
- Tell Me, Y…: Raffles International Showcase at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia 2016
- That Trendy Fellow: Color Pop
- This Season’s Gold: Being Mom | Celebrating with Maggy London and Wendy Williams
- Trends VIP: Australian Fashion Week from a Blogger’s Perspective
- The Wanderbliss: White Out!
- We Are Ready Made: Japonisme
*Thanks Rimmel London AU for providing the product sample, but the opinions is mine as always.
Read this post in Chinese at http://chinesetellmeyblog.wordpress.com
Follow me on Instagram at http://instagram.com/tellmeyblog
Follow me on Bloglovin at http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1282609