For those who have been blogging for a while would probably have noticed the Liebster Award Nominations. It is a tag for people to pass on and to discover new blogs. I am very honoured to be nominated for the award by the lovely Zoe from Beaufou Jewellery Box.
As you can tell from her blog’s name, Zoe has a serious passion for jewellery. I have been reading her blog for quite some time, and I am very grateful for her to nominate me.
First thing first, rules!
– Post the Liebster Award logo to your blog.
– Thank the blog(ger) that nominated you and link back to them.
– Tell your readers 11 facts about yourself.
– Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
– Nominate up to 11 other blog(gers) to receive the coveted Liebster award.
– Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blogs when they post their own nominations.
– Alert the nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
So let’s start with 11 facts about me:
1. My birthday is in March (wink wink, it’s coming very soon).
2. Yes, I am a Pisces.
3. I have a Master Degree in PR and Advertising, and I work in PR.
4. I speak English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
5. I love watching movies – chick flicks, action, comedy, thriller, drama, etc. I basically watch movies of every genre, and I am very lucky to call Mr. D my best movie buddy!
6. Growing up, I always prefer kettle corn over regular popcorn. But butter flavoured popcorn has gradually grown on me, especially the kettle corn I have come across in Australia hasn’t been very good. As long as you keep those tasty corns coming during movies, I am ok!
7. I am afraid of dogs ever since I got bitten by a huge dog at my neighbour’s when I was 5. This is the closest I can get with a dog…
8. So you can guess (or tell from my Instagram) that I am a cat person…
9. There is a fat kitty in our neighbourhood who never moves and always takes nap at the same spot on the street. Mr. D and me have secretly named him Garfield and we always call or text each other if we see Garfield is taking a stroll instead of sleeping!
10. I don’t usually drink. What a big surprise, right? Not everyone in PR is into drinking. Time to break the stereotypes, people!
11. When I do drink, Gin & Tonic is my favourite. Pretty difficult to fxxk up a G&T!
Here come the 11 questions from Zoe and my answers:
1. What inspires you to blog?
It’s going to sound cliché but my passion for fashion, beauty and food inspire me to blog. I am always on the lookout for new trends and interesting products. It just seems to make sense for me to share them on my blog.
2. What (or who) is your spirit animal?
3. What song best fits the story of your life?
I guess different songs represent different aspects of my life. But if I have to pick one to describe my life in general, it will be Lost Stars.
4. What is your favourite book/story and why?
I have too many favourites when it comes to books. But my favourite at the moment is The Fashion Book. It is basically a little dictionary of prominent figures and brands in the fashion industry, perfect for leisure reading while sipping on a cup of tea in the afternoon.
5. What is the one place in the world you would most like to visit?
Italy. Fashion, food, and history, anyone?
6. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Felt in love with someone who has a 12-hour time difference and been in a long-distance relationship for over 3.5 years! Hey, but it all worked out! 😉
7. When you were little, what did you want to grow up to be?
Umm…let’s see, I have dreamt about being a lot of things – police officer, doctor, lawyer, writer, etc. The list went on and on but I was dead set in becoming an architect since I was 12 until I have finished my architecture degree. Then I want nothing to do with it. (Yes, I actually have a degree in architecture…)
8. What is your dream job?
My dream job would be working in a creative yet nurturing environment with a group of fun-loving and supportive colleagues. I would love to work on PR campaigns for clients who are not afraid of trying new things and I truly believe in. What’s better than working on things you are passionate about?
9. Who is your favourite musician/singer/artist and why?
Alicia Keys. Seriously, the name itself says it all.
10. If someone gave you £1 million, what would you do with it?
I would take a couple months off to travel around the world with my better half. Then I will go on a shopping spree with my girlies.
11. If you could have a shopping spree in 1 store, budget completely unlimited, what store would you choose?
Farfetch – simply because you can shop around the world in one-go. 😛
If you haven’t checked out these lovely ladies yet, I strongly recommend you to do so and follow every single one of them now. Each of them has something very unique to offer, and I hope you enjoy reading their blogs as much as I do!
Alrighty, let’s move on to the last part – my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Which city do you live in?
2. How and why did you start to blog?
3. What do you love the most about blogging?
4. What is the biggest challenge/difficulty you have faced as a blogger?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What is your favourite TV show?
7. What is your favourite movie?
8. How would you describe your fashion style?
9. What is the one beauty product you can’t leave home without?
10. If you get stuck in a Cast Away situation and can only bring one fashion item and one beauty item with you, what would you bring and why?
11. If you can have one super power, what would that be and why?
Phew, it turned out to be quite a long post. A big thank you to Zoe for the nomination again and to those who have finished reading this post! Have a lovely Sunday!
Read this post in Chinese at http://chinesetellmeyblog.wordpress.com
Follow me on Instagram at http://instagram.com/tellmeyblog
Follow me on Bloglovin at http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1282609